You blog. You Profit. Sign up for SocialSpark! i get the cutest handwriting fonts at fonts for peas! kevinandamanda.com/fonts

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Guest Post - Crafting and Creativity

I'm so excited to have Sarah from Crafting and Creativity over here today! She has a fabulous blog with lots of cute ideas that inspire me!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm excited to be posting here at Scrappy Gifts today. Maryanne is one talented gal!
I'm Sarah and I blog over at Crafting and Creativity. I have been married to a great guy for over 5 years. We have 2 children. Our son is 3 and our daughter is 10 months.



Crafting and Creativity Button
 

I love to get crafty! I like to sew, make things for our home, make paper crafts, paint things, and record our memories by scrapbooking! I started scrapbooking when I was 15, but I have loved to cut and glue paper since... well as far back as I can remember.
Today I am going to share a layout with you that has a bunch of simple techniques that I love incorporating into my scrapbook pages...



I started out by lightly splattering pink paint onto my white paper.



Then I used this bracket-shaped mask to add some color onto one side. (Masks are so fun to play around with and can be used dozens of times!)



I applied the pink ink using this sponge applicator. (I also like using glitter mists, chalk, paint, etc with masks to jazz up plain paper.)



Then I used this charcoal ink and a dot mask over top.



And then I had a bit of fun using a bunch of stamps with black ink in that area:


I inked the edges with a pink ink pad and then used an edge distresser all the way around.



I matted my picture (which I had sanded the edges of) onto some coordinating pink paper. I added my embellishments and stamped on my title to finish the page off.
I really enjoy the process of making pages like this. It's fun to play around and make it up as I go sometimes! :)


Here are some other pages I have made recently...


Come on over to Crafting and Creativity and see my other scrapbook pages, cards, and a whole bunch of other crafty things!
Thanks so much to Maryanne for swapping today!
:)








~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I love so many of her layouts so how great it is to see her creative juices flowing in each step. Love all the stencils and techniques she used. I'll definitely have to try some new things when I do another layout! Thanks Sarah!

You can go check her blog for a tutorial on my bow holders I made last week!


Related Posts with Thumbnails