You blog. You Profit. Sign up for SocialSpark! i get the cutest handwriting fonts at fonts for peas! kevinandamanda.com/fonts

Saturday, May 22, 2010

14th Scrappy Saturdays

* Next Online Crop - Friday, June 4th at 8pm MST - Tuesday, June 8th at 11:59 pm MST. RSVP on Facebook. **Invite a friend and if they participate, you automatically will get a prize! Your friend just has to leave a comment saying that you invited them.**
Some prizes so far for my June Online Crop (see my events). Prizes - Scrapbook Consulting from Memories by Christine, Code for a FREE 8x8 Shutterfly photo book, Code for 12 FREE Greeting Cards also from Shutterfly.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I SOLD my first item at a local boutique that I have my items at - Brittany Rae Boutique. Excited! The owner said that everyone thinks that my stuff is just all decorations so they don't think it's on sale. If you saw this display (this is only part of my display), would you think it was just part of the decor? How can I make it more sellable?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Link up your scrapbook projects - doesn't just have to be layouts for Scrappy Saturdays! You have until Thursday, May 27th to link up your scrapbook projects. (I decided to do that since Saturdays are busy days for people to spend time with family and get errands done.) Then on Friday, May 28th, I'll do a post sharing my favorites from Scrappy Saturday- Friday Favorites!

Here are my scrapbook projects that I've been working on: Scrappy Canvases

Paisley Canvas
I used some scrap pieces I had that were about 1/2 in. thick.



Twilight Inspired Canvas
Remember that Twilight Inspired Notebook, well someone wanted it for a canvas that they won - very similar. I had to switch the black flower paper and the diamond paper to use some scraps I had instead though.

I took elements from each of the 4 book covers.
Twilight: rhinestones for the "apple" - didn't have the right apple
New Moon: black "flower" paper
Eclipse: "ribbon"- that was easy =D
Breaking Dawn: diamond paper to remind of the "chess board"



Ribbon Pink Canvas
It's hard to tell, but the bottom ribbon is layered over the top of the word Memories and a couple of pink rhinestones. I love the effect. This was for another giveaway winner.



Let me know what you think!

Rules:
  1. Grab our party button below so everyone can get in on the fun.
    OR
    Be a follower of Scrappy Gifts - I will follow you if you link up and I will leave a comment on your scrapbook project. =D I'd love if you left a comment about mine, but not mandatory.
  2. Include your name and the name of your site.
  3. Link to your specific post, not the main page of your blog.




Other Link Parties
  Keeping It SimpleMakingGet your craft on Thurs.



10 scrappy shares:

Katie said...

Adorable canvases, I always like the variety you do. I don't know what to suggest for that display. It does look super pretty, maybe people are afraid to touch and look at them. Could you add a discrete little sign to one side with prices on it?

Christy said...

I like the Twilight canvas (bet yu didn't see THAT one coming)....I love that it represents all the books!
What about a really cute, scrappy sign in the middle of the shelves hanging from a ribbon, or resting on a ledge listing the prices like "boxes price" "12x12 canvases are $"

Decor To Adore said...

What a darling blog you have.

I hope that you will stop by and enter my giveaway.

Heather said...

What if you made your scrappy gifts signage more prominent? Like make a banner style sign and affix it to the back of the cubicle area. Also, could you tier your items? Like on the boxes, could you hang them off of cuphooks or those command adhesive strips? Also I would make your pricing more upfront, as in maybe a cute price tag on each individual item as opposed to a general sign? The pricing signs kinda get lost in the background and aren't really front and center. Also maybe you could get some decorative items to help bulk up the area, like a vintage camera, a floral display or some mirrors to help reflect light?

Kama said...

oops, mine isn't scrappy... :( sorry!!!

MBC Scrapbooking said...

Love the canvases!! Congratlations on selling an item- that is exciting! Can you put a sign in between both shelves with your businessm website, and pricing?

Melissa said...

Super cute!

Sarah said...

I love all the canvases you make. The Paisley one is really pretty and the Twilight one is great, too!!

Ashley said...

Love your blog! Stumbled across it from Crafty Mom Blogs Site. Love the canvases and layouts!
Great ideas!
Ashley
www.noapologycrafts.blogspot.com

Kaysi said...

Cute stuff. I know what you mean about selling... I have a ton of stuff in my closet that just won't sell, I'm ready just to give it all away so I don't have to look at it anymore.

Related Posts with Thumbnails