You blog. You Profit. Sign up for SocialSpark! i get the cutest handwriting fonts at fonts for peas! kevinandamanda.com/fonts

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Guest Post - Memories by Christine

Thank you, Maryanne, for having me over again! I'm Christine over at MBC Scrapbooking. This month, we are celebrating Christmas in July! Stop by all month long to link up your holiday-related memories, crafts, DIY gifts, and recipes!
MBC Scrapbooking

I LOOOOOOVE working with canvases. It's so much fun to create a layout on something I can hang on a wall or sit up on a frame (much durable than paper!) Here are some of my favorites- hope you are inspired!
I custom-designed this Christmas canvas for Katie over at Katie's Nesting Spot last year as a prize for one of Maryanne's online crops. I included her family picture in the middle before sending it off:)
To get the frame effect, use the back of the canvas . I lined the inside with black felt and red cardstock, then framed the outside with scrapbooking paper and embellishments.



Speaking of Christmas, here's another canvas I did last year. I folded paper around the canvas and Mod Podge-ed all the way around. The glossy finish is beautiful- it looks like a fancy wrapped gift! Add a few buttons, ribbons, and cardstock, and all it needs is a fun quote or picture for the center.


Here's another wrapped canvas I made, only with fabric. I fastened a snapshot of my friend's three beautiful daughters to the cardstock in the middle.  This one was a lot of fun to make, and the 3D effect from the flower is awesome!

And finally, here is one of my most favorite projects so far this summer- my very first subway art! (It was featured here on Scrappy Gifts last month!)

Thanks for reading, and thanks again for having me, Maryanne! Have a wonderful day!
Love,
C:)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fabulous work Christine! I love that one you made for Katie!

0 scrappy shares:

Related Posts with Thumbnails